Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Huntington Library

In between camping trips, Michelle and Jenna West joined Emma and I for a day of "beauty and culture" in San Marino at the Huntington Library. This is definitely one of my favorite places. The grounds are so lush and colorful...love the Rose, Japanese and Shakespeare Gardens. I was eager for Emma to browse the art museums and start learning to appreciate what she saw. The girls were cracking me up with their headphones as they listened to the recordings about the various pieces. When I saw her eagerly taking Jenna over to neat, large painting, I thought "Mission accomplished!" Turns out she was wanting Jenna to listen to the "cool" music playing in the background of the narration! Ah yes, reality check!!


The Huntington has added many hands-on displays which makes it fun for kids...really liked how they did the new Children's Garden

So English! You can sit inside on benches and pretend to have a spot of tea...


Yes, I'm afraid Michelle and I allowed the girls to climb trees...didn't you love to as a kid? I know I did! How many neat, twisted old trees do we have in Murrieta??

So nice to have a day enjoying my oldest daughter...thank you for holding down the fort Jonas

Emma enjoyed taking pictures of the flower gardens...they turned out very well I thought

Petting the fish in the Japanese garden ponds...
Thank you again for joining us West ladies...that was such a fun day! Next time, Michelle, we'll make sure to carve out time to drive through the beautiful neighborhoods surrounding the library.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lara, We had a blast! Jenna told me she wants to go back! I think it was a "mission accomplished" But we just have to have time to sight see the houses. :-) Loved hanging out w/ the Tracy women!