Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Maui Getaway

Jonas was awarded a week long vacation for two to Maui in April through his company. We had such a great time getting to know other couples, being pampered and doing fun activities. The weather could have been warmer and sunnier, but hey, I'm not complaining!

I thought we'd get plastic leis when we arrived and was surprised by the real flowers on the ones they gave us! It was royal treatment from then on...
Dave and Lisa Woods (center) and JR and Rachel Gates (right) love the Lord and were such a blessing to spend time talking and hanging out with. We're making plans to visit the Woods in Idaho this summer and I sure would like to experience Alaska, someday, where the Gates call home.

Every night I got to go on a dinner date with my hot hubby...no cooking for seven days was the highlight!

Don't be fooled...I was pretty freaked out for most of the dive. Breathing underwater took some getting used to!
The ocean views from the courses we golfed on were incredible.

As much as we loved getting away for rest and refreshment, it is always great to be back home!

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

Hey maybe we can hook up with your friends while we are in Alaska!

. said...

Your trip looks wonderful! I loved the slideshow you sent and am completely and totally jealous!!